From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Date : 20 November
Next time : 20 November 2013
Children’s Day is recognized on various days in many places around the world, to honor children globally. It was first proclaimed by the World Conference for the Well-being of Children in 1925 and then established universally in 1954 to protect an “appropriate” day. Major global variants include a Universal Children’s Day on November 20, by United Nations recommendation.
Children’s Day is often celebrated on other days as well. International Day for Protection of Children, observed in many countries as Children’s Day on June 1 since 1950, was established by the Women’s International Democratic Federation on its congress in Moscow (22 November 1949).
- Children’s Day (govindgauswami.wordpress.com)
- Significance of Children’s Day (voylla.wordpress.com)
- Children’s Day: What We Should Be Doing (mangosalute.com)
- India Celebrates Children’s Day 2013 (tvaraj.com)
- More shocking biting reality: “Tell them when they are eating chocolate, they are eating my flesh.”